Sign On! BSL Training and Consultancy is committed to safeguarding personal data.
Sign On! BSL will only collect the personal data that is required.
Sign On! BSL requires the following information for prospective Learners:
- Your full name: IBSL requirement (to register a learner onto a qualification and for issuing certificates)
- ULN (Unique Learner Number): IBSL requirement
- Date of Birth: Ofqual requirement
- Full Address: Sign On! BSL requirement (to return Coursework file to Learner and mail Certificates)
- Diversity Monitoring: IBSL requirement (to inform the monitoring of Equal Opportunities and success rates of certain groups of learners if any reasonable adjustments are required during assessments)
- Gender: Ofqual requirement
- Ethnicity: Ofqual requirement
You have the right to:
- Enquire how Sign On! BSL will ensure the security of personal information
- Ask how long the data will be kept before it is deleted
- Have access to what information is stored about them
- Be given the contact details for the Data Protection Officer
You also have the right to:
- Ensure Sign On! BSL collects only minimal data, collecting only what is necessary
- Provide/decline consent to use their data.
- Enquire what any data collected may be used for
- Ask how data collected is stored
Use of Electronic Devices (such as Smart Phones, Laptops and Tablets)
Where Sign On! BSL uses personal electronic devices for work the following applies:
- The use of a video clip of a Learner will be for Assessment purposes only and will only be shared with IBSL, the Awarding Organisation.
- The video clip of a Learner will be kept in a file according to the instructions of IBSL.